Dr. Boyang Liu
Institute of Marine Materials Science and Engineering
Shanghai Maritime University
1550, Haigang Da Dao, Pudong, Shanghai, 201306, China
Ph.D. (Materials Science) Harbin Institute of Technology, China (2008)
M.Sc. (Materials Science) Harbin Institute of Technology, China (2005)
B.Sc. (Inorganic Nonmetallic Materials) Harbin Institute of Technology, China (2003)
2012.7~present, Associate Professor, Institute of Marine Materials Science and Engineering, Shanghai Maritime University, China
2008.7~2012.7, Lecturer, Institute of Marine Materials Science and Engineering, Shanghai Maritime University, China
Areas of Research Interests
1. Micro/Nano New Carbon Materials
New synthesis techniques and applications
Synthesis and characterization
Adsorption properties in environment
Low temperature microstructure improvement
2. Fabrication and Mechanical Characterization of ceramics
High performance ceramics design
Deep-sea high temperature and pressure corrosion simulation
Mechanical properties, including strength, fracture toughness, hardness
1. 2009 Low temperature oxidation synthesis and mechanism of nanocarbons. “Chen Guang” project of Shanghai Municipal Education Commission and Shanghai Education Development Foundation Science & Technology (No. 09CG53).
2. 2010 Synthesis of porous hollow carbon microspheres and their electrochemical properties in electric double-layer capacitors. Natural Science Foundation of Shanghai (No. 10ZR1413400).
3. 2010 Low temperature oxidation solution phase synthesis and mechanism nanocarbons with high specific surface area. National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 51002094).
1. B.Y. Liu, D.C. Jia, Y. Zhou, H.B. Feng, Q.C. Meng. Low temperature synthesis of amorphous carbon nanotubes in air. Carbon 2007, 45(8):1710-1713.
2. B.Y. Liu, D.C. Jia, Q.C. Meng, J.C. Rao. A novel method for preparation of hollow carbon spheres under a gas pressure atmosphere. Carbon 2007, 45(3):668-670.
3. B.Y. Liu, D.C. Jia, Q.C. Meng, J.C. Rao, Y.F. Shao. Synthesis of hollow six-armed carbon by a self-assembly template method. Carbon 2008, 46(4): 717-720.
4. B.Y. Liu, D.C. Jia, H.B. Feng, Q.C. Meng, Y.F. Shao. Synthesis and formation mechanism of hollow carbon spheres encapsulating magnetite nanocrystals. Journal of Materials Research 2008, 23(7):1980-1986.
5. B.Y. Liu, D.C. Jia, Y.F. Shao. Effects of gas pressure and temperature on the synthesis of hollow carbon spheres in high pressure argon. Materials Chemistry and Physics 2009, 114(1):391-397.
6. B.Y. Liu, D.C. Jia, J.C. Rao, P.J. Zuo, Y.F. Shao. A self-assembly template approach for preparing hollow carbon microspheres. Journal of Solid State Electrochemistry 2009, 13(3):497-501.
7. B.Y. Liu, H.H. Peng, F.H. Zhang, Y. Zhou. Agglomerates of amorphous carbon nanoparticles synthesized by a solution-phase method. Materials Letters 2012, 66:199-202.
8. Y.F. Shao, D.C. Jia, Y. Zhou, B.Y. Liu. Novel method for fabrication of silicon nitride/silicon oxynitride composite ceramic foams using fly ash cenosphere as a pore-forming agent. Journal of the American Ceramic Society 2008, 91(11): 3781-3785.
9. Y.F. Shao, D.C. Jia, B.Y. Liu. Characterization of porous silicon nitride ceramics by pressureless sintering using fly ash cenosphere as a pore-forming agent. Journal of the European Ceramic Society 2009, 29(8):1529-1534.
10. B.Y. Liu, D.C. Jia, L.H. Dong, Y.S. Yin. Synthesis and application of hollow carbon micro/nanospheres. Progress in Chemistry 2009, 21(7-8): 1450-1455.
11. B.Y. Liu, L.H. Dong, J.L. Yue. A novel method for preparation of nanocarbon with high specific surface area. Chinese Patent, No. 200910196062.3.
12. B.Y. Liu. A novel method for large scale preparation of Fe7S8@Carbon core/shell structure. Chinese Patent, No. 201210163390.5.